Again and again, Jesus eats with his followers, with neighbors, with new hosts, and with the thousands he encounters. Transformation happens in those meals. We, too, experience new community when we share a meal together. Hunger, in Edina, in Minnesota, and across the world, means a neighbor needs nourishment for their body. It also often means needing community, relationship, and someone to show up for them.
This Sunday, all ECLCers are invited to the Fellowship Hall between services to build community through activities lifting up our five local hunger mission partners. Come at 9:45 to learn, serve, advocate, pray, and give to these partners. By doing so, you’ll not only alleviate hunger in neighbors’ bodies…but show our neighbors’ the community sees them and cares about them, as God does.
• Meals on Wheels: Create tissue flowers to accompany each meal delivered across Edina with Mission Partner Liaison Sarah I.
• VEAP: Combine snacks in bags for kids who need a boost for a weekend with Mission Partner Liaison John B.
• Community Emergency Service: Pack hygiene packets for homebound residents in Minneapolis with Mission Partner Liaisons Deb & Steve J.
• Sheridan Story: Play The Price Is Right to learn just how little it takes to create a Weekend Snack Pack for schoolkids with Mission Partner Liaison Kristen N.
• Loaves & Fishes: Guess how many meals L&F serves each day and month with Mission Partner Liaison Peggy K.
Donations of healthy snacks (fruit cups, granola bars, and 100% juice boxes) are needed for our VEAP activity. Please deliver any donations by 9:45am on Sunday! Questions? Contact Deacon Lauren.